Wednesday 6 June 2012

House Proud Maman

Running into another mother yesterday, who asked me how I was coping being at home. Apparently today's mothers aren't happily housebound, and are itching to get back to work as soon as the pop one out.

Maybe I'm an anomaly, but I absolutely love being at home. Granted I'm only 2 months in, but I have become incredibly house proud, and for the first time in my life, I'm not lazy. I used to spend hours in front of the TV, barely cope with doing anything except working, and my house would get out of hand.

Now, I look for things to do, make efficient use of my time (3 blog posts in one hour! Ok that's debatable), and have become one of those 'do it now not later' people. There is a saying in German that goes "Morgen, morgen und nicht heute, sagen alle faulen leute" which basically means lazy people always say they'll do it tomorrow. I used to be one of those people. I never thought becoming a mother would have such a happy side effect. It certainly helps that I have a baby that sleeps all night, and naps during the day, giving me plenty of time to get things done, but it also leaves plenty of room for me to sit around and do nothing.

The same mother said to me that maybe keeping busy at home is the key. I agree. If I wasn't interested in making my home beautiful, I probably would get bored too.

Now I am becoming one of those types that is interested in Home magazines. Who am I?!

No comments:

Post a Comment