Friday 25 May 2012

Stay-at-Home Oneupmanship

Today I had a facebook conversation with one of my best friends who has a 10 month old. She subscribed to a facebook page called "The Organised Housewife" which turned into a game of "I'm more of a slob than you" oneupmanship (or is that onedownmanship?)

Gen-Y style stay at home parenting. Nothing to be proud of really.

  • Holy Crap! The Organised Housewife? Just looking at that page makes me feel like The Inadequate Slobbess!!
     ·  ·  · See friendship
      • Lee Don't feel bad. I'm pretty sure I'm the disorganised housewife. Clean the light switches? Hell, I don't even remember the last time I cleaned the floor.
        about an hour ago via Mobile · 
      • Vanessa I am consciously ignoring the pots in the sink hoping they'll go away. I would be a terrible 50s housewife!
        about an hour ago via Mobile · 
      • Lee  I can beat that. My dishwasher doesn't actually work, so I use it to store dirty dishes until I am forced to do them either because we've run out of cutlery or the dishwasher is jammed full. I don't even worry when the racks are filled. I just pile stuff on top.
        about an hour ago via Mobile · 
      • Vanessa ‎... I got nothing on that!! I do however have 9 months to catch up on you though!!

No comments:

Post a Comment