Wednesday 1 August 2012

The Self Improvement Project

If you see me walking down the street looking like a right minger, think not that I have let myself go. No, rather, I am in the midst of what I like to call the "Self Improvement Project".

One of the elements of this project is growing out my dyed blonde hair to its natural colour. Bear in mind that I have not had natural hair since about the age of 12. I've been every colour imaginable, from blonde to red to brown to black. I'm tired of colouring it, and these days I don't have the time nor can justify the cost of being blonde. Ah, my carefree 20s are coming to a close. Anyway, I am taking progress shots to show myself how far I've come and to help motivate myself when I look in the mirror and feel like nothing's happening... I encourage all of you to keep moving forward, and resist the easy trap of standing still. My comfort zones are far too comfortable.

  January. The last time I coloured my hair:


 Also 6 months pregnant. The glow! The good skin! The lustrous hair!

Now: August, 6 months later




It is taking everything I have to walk around like this in public. Naturally, I have become quite the homebody, luckily I have a baby as an excuse...


2 comments:

  1. Oh dear the roots! Luckily I've never dyed my whole hair (I do get foils occasionly) so I've never had that extra expense. I do applaud you for making the change. Would it have been a better option to go brown and then grow your hair out though? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. See now that would be clever... Well actually I did consider dying it brown but a tiny part of me reckons I'm not going to follow through and will go blonde again! Thank heavens it's beanie season... :)

    ReplyDelete